We assume you are a tour operator or a specialized travel consultant. You know Hotels for accommodating your guests are a big cost in your Operations, and not only from an economic point of view (see our recent post http://homesuitehomeblog.org/hotels-choice-negotiation-cost/ : )
You have a person who takes care of buying goods and services for your company, one of those tasks is hotels accommodations.
BUYING GOODS OR SERVICES, IT’S NOT THE SAME!
As Senior buyers we know that it’s not the same thing to buy goods or services. As well as is not the same thing to buy a service as an IT maintenance or to choose and book a hotel for a group.
If you have chosen to have a specific hotel buyer you might have taped different key words on Google Search.
- You can tap “hotel consultant for tour operators” and will probably find lists of hotels business consultants. Not what you are looking for.
- You can tap “hotel contract manager” and you can find lists of people working mostly for the same tour operator. As employees they change their job looking for better conditions coming to work for you. Can you afford this expense and obtain the best professionals? and will they change one day or another finding better conditions? we covered this role as well for some tour operators in our past and know how it works
- You can tap “destination management specialist” and you can find high- expert companies that purpose you the whole tour package, that you would however like to develop by yourself.
But why not to hire a freelance hotels contractor agency? It seems a little difference while it’s a huge one.
7 REASONS TO CHOOSE A HOTELS CONTRACTORS AGENCY
Let us explain you why:
- a hotels contractors agency has a huge portfolio of hotels, built with every Client not only the ones they fixed in their itineraries, but also all the disregarded options proposed and found for the purpose
- Speed, because the freelance agency (unlike the in-house management) isn’t distracted by other tasks
- a hotels contractors agency has learnt to listen more than others, because we switch around companies often we’re used to the fast learning curve
- a hotels contractors agency can use the same supplier for other groups which means that we can leverage better rates
- on boarding a hotels contractors agency is easy and speedy, no geographical border nor local job legislation is an obstacle.
- specialized professionals, we are first of all senior buyers, that means we have specific skills in contracting ad negotiating best rates and conditions
- Knowledge of ‘best practice’ and effective solutions from within tourism sector.
WE LEARN FROM EACH CLIENT
More generally since freelance work with many different companies and may have worked through this problem in the past with someone else, they can really provide a perspective based on what they’ve seen work (or not) before. And given this experience, they can often bring new and innovative ideas or possible challenges to the table that clients probably wouldn’t have been able to see on their own.
Furthermore nowadays remote teams are very common (and many studies try to understand the best way to manage them https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbescoachescouncil/2017/05/30/12-important-ways-besides-communication-to-manage-remote-teams/#5fee140a63e6) and certainly are spreading in the tourism sector with its global vision and mission.